5 Tips for a Great DIY Repair
Nature Stone’s nature stone floors are known for their uncompromising quality, incomparable beauty and amazing durability which is the reason that so many people have it installed in their home. If you are considering taking care of your own DIY repairs to your outdoor stone floor, basement floor or garage floor, here are five tips to get great results:
1. Carefully measure so you have the right amount of materials. If you don’t have the right amount of materials, you will quickly become frustrated. There is an easy way to ensure that you have exactly what you need. Simply walk your Nature Stone floor and mark the areas that you’d like to repair with blue painter’s tape. This tape is easy to see and doesn’t leave any residue. Measure each of the areas, noting the length and width. Then, multiply the length and width together for each repair site and then add each individual total together to see how much repair material will be needed.
2. Prepare the area. To get the best results, clean the area you will be repairing thoroughly. Start by sweeping the floor and then follow up with a thorough vacuuming, which will remove any dust or grit left in the area to be repaired.
3. Press the pause button. Fixing a natural stone floor is easy, but the materials might not be familiar to you. If you take a moment to pause and read through the directions a few times, the process will become much clearer to you. Following the steps in order will give you a great result.
4. Lay out your tools. While you are reviewing the instructions, take a moment to set out all of the tools and materials you will need. You can even line them up in order of use to make your process easier. Once you are confident that you have unpacked everything, you are ready to begin!
5. Take your time. Don’t rush through your repair. You’ll have plenty of time to mix the epoxy and apply it before it dries. Smooth it carefully into place and enjoy the results of your work!
Want more tips or have question on your DIY repair? Feel free to contact us today.